During the 2018 Georgia Legislative session, House Bill 763 was passed requiring schools to provide Mental Health Awareness training to educators and staff. In order to meet this need, NAMI Georgia is proud to be a partner with the Georgia Department of Education to facilitate the delivery of evidence-based Mental Health Awareness training across the state. School Climate Specialists in each of the 16 Regional Educational Support Agencies will work with NAMI Georgia to ensure that training is requested, scheduled, and delivered to educators and staff in the over 2300 public schools throughout Georgia.
This is an incredible opportunity for our educators, students, and partners throughout the State of Georgia, and WE NEED YOUR HELP!
In order to meet the demand, we are identifying leaders around the state with whom we would like to engage as subcontractors to facilitate the coordination of our CIT-Youth training requested through the Department of Education. If you are interested in being one of our CIT-Youth Coordinators, you will be eligible for the following:
- Stipend up to $100/day
- Mileage reimbursement
Job requirements include:
- Secure speakers for the training per the guidelines provided
- Attend all three days of the training as a monitor
- Support facilitator and speakers as needed
- Attend to participant needs as requested
- Coordinate sign-in sheets, pre and post course evaluations, and provide copies to the NAMI GA office upon class completion
- Sign a subcontractor contract acknowledging agreement to all terms and conditions
Your thoughtful consideration of this request is greatly appreciated! We have already begun to see a high demand for these courses in our schools, and your help is necessary to meet the need!
If you are interested in becoming a CIT-Youth Coordinator, please email email@example.com.