Join us at NAMI Georgia!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with NAMI Georgia. Volunteers are essential to the work that NAMI does.
- What training is required?
Participation in an orientation session is required within one month of beginning volunteer service or internship. You will be trained on site, depending on the task chosen or assigned.
- Are there any costs associated with volunteering?
There are no costs associated with volunteering; however, please be advised to bring your own food if you feel you may become hungry.
- Is there a required time commitment?
Volunteers are welcome to stop participation at any time and to remain a volunteer as long as there is a need to be met.
- How old do you have to be to volunteer?
You must be at least 18 years old to volunteer.
- Can I start volunteering tomorrow?
You may begin to volunteer as soon as your application is reviewed and processed. You may perform volunteer service before attending an orientation session; however, you must attend orientation within a month to continue volunteering.
- If I have completed volunteer training at another NAMI organization, can I skip the orientation?
You will still need to attend an orientation session at our location.
- Is volunteer orientation mandatory?
Individuals are required to fill out an application before volunteering, and attend orientation within a month of their first volunteer activity.
- How can my group get involved in volunteering?
We have several special events throughout the year that groups can volunteer at such as NAMI Walks, Annual Meetings, etc. Filling out an application and attending an orientation session are not required for these special events. Links to sign up for these events will be posted as they become available.
- Can I get community service hours for school?
Yes. Just bring your form(s) that you need in order to get credit for your hours and we will gladly sign off on this for you.
- Can I satisfy court-ordered community service requirements at NAMI Georgia?
Yes. Please bring paperwork that verifies the type of citation you received, hours required, and the case worker or attorney contact you may have, and we will gladly help you fulfill these requirements.
If you are interested in volunteering in the NAMI Georgia office, please complete the Volunteer Application.
For questions contact:
Fax: (770) 234-0237
4120 Presidential Pkwy, Ste 200
Atlanta, GA 30340