Executive Director Kim H. Jones
We on the Board of Directors are thrilled to bring in Kim H. Jones as the new Executive Director for NAMI Georgia. Out of hundreds of applicants, many highly qualified, Kim stood out for her passion, lived experience, and nonprofit management skills. Since joining us, she has taken on myriad challenges and been able to deftly solve problems, recruit volunteer help, and keep us moving toward success.
As Secretary of the Board, I personally want to share with you the skills and experiences that Kim brings to NAMI Georgia – they show why any organization would be excited to have her on staff.
As the Director of Skills Development with Goodwill of North Georgia, Kim was a part of the Senior Level Management team and was responsible for building up organizational effectiveness and meeting strategic goals.
- She oversaw the case management of over 400 clients, most with behavioral or developmental disabilities.
- Program development and development of funding opportunities was a large component of my position.
- Her team was made up of seven direct staff, 100+/- indirect employees and two skills programs.
- After four years, she grew the department to six skills programs ($1.7 million in non-contracted funds), three new locations, and helped obtain multiple grants including a stimulus grant for one million dollars to find employment for 230+/- people in two years.
- During this position not only did they meet all federal and state requirements, but many of her team’s programs were cited for best practices nationally by the Department of Labor.
- She ensured compliance with standards of operation in accordance with the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facility (CARF) standards, and safety/security regulations.
- Additionally, Kim worked directly with the Governor’s office, Department of Labor, Vocational Rehab, Workforce Investment Agency and other government funded programs to ensure that clients were successful.
Kim’s qualifications also include:
- Overall 15 plus years of experience in management, which includes eight plus years as an Executive Director with a non-profit and senior management, education, training, marketing, and business development experience.
- Advocacy and Lobbying experience in the Georgia General Assembly and eight+ years as an appointee by the mayor to her local Planning and Zoning Board.
- Strategic planning and marketing in relation to non-profit growth and serving more people, and creating company-wide operational systems have been components of her positions throughout her career.
- She works to initiate and and cultivate strong working relationships with local community and business resources, as well as major corporations.
- She feels comfortable linking resources to meet common needs while ensuring that internal and external customers’ goals are met, with a constant eye on the financial and strategic growth objectives for any project.
Kim is excited to be part of the team, and will be seeking to build relationships with affiliates, leaders, and members throughout the state in an effort to build NAMI Georgia’s capacity to help families and individuals seeking recovery.
We are looking forward to good things for NAMI Georgia, and for our mission, from Kim. Please welcome her to our family!
NAMI Georgia Board of Directors