Family Support Group
Family Support Groups are free and open to family members and friends of individuals living with mental illnesses.
NAMI Family-to-Family is a free, 12-week course for family caregivers of individuals with severe mental illnesses.
- All instruction and course materials are free to class participants
What does the course cover?
In-depth information on schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder, OCD, PTSD, and other brain disorders
- Medications, side effects, and strategies for medication adherence
- Problem solving, listening, and communication techniques
- Strategies for handling crises and relapse
- Focusing on care for the caregiver: coping with worry, stress, and emotional overload
- Locating appropriate supports and services within the community
- Information on advocacy to improve and expand services