Seeking NAMI Georgia Awards Nominations
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: 9:00 AM MONDAY, APRIL 8th
NAMI Georgia seeks to recognize the individuals, affiliates, volunteers, partners, legislators, and organizations who have worked tirelessly to support NAMI Georgia’s mission of promoting recovery and optimizing the quality of life for Georgians with mental illness and their families through support, education, and advocacy, and research.
The recipients of these awards will be recognized and honored at the 2019 Annual Meeting on Saturday, May 18, 2019. Individuals will also be recognized on the NAMI Georgia website and social media.
For individual awards, any member, non-member, or affiliate may nominate someone for an award. Self-nominations are also welcomed and accepted.
We strongly encourage each affiliate to nominate an individual in each award category.
The sharing of stories and successes has more long-term importance than the actual awards given in any particular year.
Nominations should include (but are not limited to):
- Nomination Form – Incomplete submissions will not be automatically rejected, but lack of information will naturally affect the outcome.
- Narrative – The narrative should explain in detail why an individual or group should be recognized and honored for a particular award category.
- Data – We highly recommend including the data (quantitative as well as qualitative) with the nomination. NAMI Georgia will do our best to obtain data, but it is ultimately the nominator’s responsibility.
NAMI Georgia Individual Awards – individuals are not required to be a member of NAMI
- NAMI GA Young Leader Award – Recognizes a young adult between the ages of 16 and 30 who exhibits exceptional leadership, increases resiliency, promotes recovery and works to ensure young people with mental illness live full lives in their communities.
- NAMI GA Legislative A-Team Members – This recognition is given to state and local legislators in appreciation for taking the lead to improve the Georgia mental health support system. (Multiple people may be recognized.)
- NAMI Community Partner Award – This award honors a strategic partner which has exemplified the term ‘ally’ by reinforcing NAMI Georgia’s mission and strengthening NAMI Georgia’s reach with exposure to new audiences.
- Friend of NAMI Recognition – This award and/or recognition highlights a person or business outside of the traditional behavioral health community that has demonstrated dedication to NAMI’s goal of improving the lives of those living with and touched by mental illness. (Multiple people or organizations may be recognized.)
NAMI Georgia Member Awards – individuals must have a NAMI membership in good standing
- NAMI Program Leader Recognition – For excellence in leadership as a program leader or facilitator in any of NAMI’s Signature Programs. (Multiple people may be recognized.)
- NAMI Georgia Hall of Fame – This award recognizes a member whose efforts over time have made them stand out among heroes. These efforts can be in any area, and usually are in many, and often cannot be quantified. This is an ‘all around’ award for excellence on behalf of NAMI Georgia.
- CIT Officer of the Year “Joey Award” – This honor is awarded to the law enforcement officer who possesses all the characteristics necessary to be an effective CIT officer and always tries to use his/her CIT skills first in any situation.
- Gold Partnership Award – This honor is awarded to the agency that provides exemplary support to the Georgia CIT program by providing faculty and/or coordinating site visits for classes.