Volunteer at the NAMI National Convention
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the 2020 NAMI National Convention in Atlanta in July 2020!
Please read these important notes before completing the application:
- We will be recruiting approximately 50 volunteers
- You must complete the form in its entirety. Incomplete forms will not be reviewed.
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible but no later than April 3. Please note that volunteer slots may fill up prior to the April 3 deadline.
- Applications will be selected based on a first come, first served basis as well as on past
- Preference will be given to NAMI members who are Program leaders in recognition of their service. First preference will be given to our CSG (NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group) leaders, IOOV (In our Own Voice), ETS (Ending the Silence) Young Adult and Peer-to- Peer leaders. We will then review applications from leaders of our other NAMI Signature Programs. If there are remaining volunteer slots, we will review applications from other active members and others with needed skill sets.
- Volunteers who work two shifts attend the convention at no charge. If you already purchased a registration and are selected as a volunteer, your registration will be refunded in full after NAMICon is over.
- Volunteers are responsible for paying and making their own travel and hotel accommodations.
- We will notify volunteers of their assignments by May 4.