Volunteer – Be a Mental Health Hero!
NAMI is a grassroots movement, created and led by volunteers who are committed to carrying out its mission of educating, advocating for, and supporting persons living with mental illnesses and their families. There are many ways in which you can help move the mission forward.
We would love to put your special talents to use! Here are a few good ways you may serve:
- AKA Sorority Members: Find resources for planning outreach and events as NAMI Georgia partners.
- Donate: Our programs are offered free of charge to the public. Donations help us expand programs to reach more individuals and families in need.
- Become a NAMI Georgia Member! Your participation in classes, groups, and events at your local affiliate will lead the way to better days for individuals and families affected by mental illnesses.
- Become a Teacher-Mentor: Our core educational programs, NAMI Peer-to-Peer and NAMI Family-to-Family, are led by specially trained volunteer NAMI Georgia members who understand what it means to live with a diagnosis or be a family member of someone who does.
- Become a Support Group Facilitator: Trained NAMI Georgia member-volunteers are the leaders of NAMI Family Support Groups and NAMI Connections Support Groups, helping people on the front lines of the fight against mental illness find emotional support through sharing.
- Become a NAMIWalks Georgia sponsor, walker or volunteer: Help raise funds for NAMI Georgia so we can offer education and support programs to others like you.
- Become a leader in a local affiliate organization: All NAMI classes and support groups are offered through affiliate organizations that are led by NAMI member-volunteers.
- Become a member of the NAMI Georgia Board of Directors or Join a Board Committee.
- Offer your skills or knowledge in an area in which you have a specialty. Contact the NAMI Georgia office if you are interested in serving as a member of the Board of Directors.